My Blog List


Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 3

The wedding went well yesterday. I actually had a great conversation with a person there who had recently lost a whole ton of weight. Let's just say well over 100 Lbs. I have known this person for a while but never really had a real conversation with him. He is totally an inspiration. I will not mention his name but he knows who he is. And I just want to thank him for my pep talk yesterday. I think he will be a great support system for me.

They did have a veggie table so I did eat alot of veggies. For the main course they had roast beef,mashed potatoes,green beans and some sort of baked stuffed chicken. I opted for the roast beef,a spoonful of mashed potatos and a lot of green beans. We were sitting with a ton of drinkers at our table and I always had a beer in front of me...oops!

I also went grocery shopping today. I loaded up on veggies and some fruit. Boy is eating healthy expensive. Any suggestions or hints for this is appreciated. I also got some Special K crackers 90 calories. They were pretty good. Had a coupon for $1 off 2 and they were on sale 2 for $5. I made a roast chicken today. I figured I can make a BBq chicken pizza tomorrow for dinner with salad.

Does anyone count calories? If so how do you determine how many calories you are supposed to consume? I am still trying to figure out how I am going to do this head on. I am just reallly trying not to have to take the Weight Watchers route. Way too expensive. Well I guess I am done here for now. Back to work tomorrow. Have a great week if you don't hear from me until the weekend. Who knows. Its one day at a time here! :)

3 comments:

  1. I have used CalorieKing in the past for counting calories and it works great. It figures out how many calories you need and it adds in calories when you do activity. While Weight Watchers is expensive, I highly recommend it for losing weight. Being held accountable at the scale works wonders as does the positive reinforcement from the group. BUT if you find you get the support from online, then no need for it. :)

    Sounds like you are doing great. BJ's works for cheaper produce. And buy whatever meats is on sale. Eat oatmeal for breakfast. It is super cheap and very yummy if made right. Check out katheats.com if you want suggestions on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin! I wish I liked oatmeal. I have tried to eat it but I just don't like it. I have been eating Kim's bagels,Eggo whole wheat low fat waffles with some fruit for breakfast. Lunch is either a salad with chicken or a Weight Watchers meal. I want to try to stay away from the WW meals though. They are FULL of sodium. I am basically following the WW program just not paying for the meetings. I kept all of my old stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to Cook Yourself Thin, Take your goal weight, multiply by 10, that is the number of calories you should eat. For example, for 160 lbs, you should eat 1600. I don't agree. That seems high, but that's what they say. I say aim for 1400-1500. That's good for a weight loss range. Good luck, sis! I'm working on a similar goal!!!

    ReplyDelete